Sunday, March 15, 2015

3 Must Haves For Your Home Office


I'm always on the go and never does one day look like the next. However, I always like to find my way back to the calm of my home office where I can gather my thoughts, sip a cup of coffee, and organize my day. I actually got to thinking what makes a home office special? A place that where not only you need to get things accomplished, but feel inspired and refreshed while doing so. I started thinking of what makes these spaces work for various clients. I also got to thinking what keeps me motivated when I sit down to get work done. Here are just a few ideas that can keep your home office inspiring you...

Fresh Flowers: Working from home can often be stifling since you find yourself sometimes logging more hours than you had planned. Although you may be watching Spring time buds bloom from your window and wishing you were outside, don't forget to bring in fresh cuts from your local grocery store or florist. A little pop of color or serene hues can certainly keep you feeling refreshed.

Kat Tanita's fresh chic NYC home office - withlovefromkat.com

Candles: It never fails to bring me happiness when I light a candle in my office. No matter how stressful the day, the scent of a beautiful candle can make everything better. Below is a few of our favorite scents we sell at Simplicity Interiors. I believe when it comes to your home office, a place where you are supposed to create and accomplish important tasks, it's important to have a scent that is  luxurious and yet not overwhelming. Aquiesse candles are truly some of most beautiful candles and we have them not only lit around the home, but the shop as well. 


Comfortable Home Office Chair: Finding an office chair that was comfortable, yet stylish used to be a battle with no winner. You either succumb to a swanky chair that made you go numb from the waist down twenty minutes after you sat down, or you would wince every time you reclined in your extremely ugly, albeit comfortable and hideous swivel chair. Not any more my friends. There are some beauties out there that don't sacrifice style for comfort. Make sure you find something that fits the bill in both categories and you will surely enjoy your work day.

Overstock Manhattan Adjustable Office Chair

Here are just a few of favorite home offices...

The Inspired Room

Houzz

PopSugar

DuoVentures

Do you need help revamping your home office? If you are looking for design services please contact us at 704.604.5005 or email us at ally@simplicity-interiors.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment