Friday, July 27, 2012

Want or Need? New Dining Chairs


So the dilemma is that I want new chairs for my eat-in kitchen table, but do I really need them?  Of course I do!  The ones that I made over from the restore, quite frankly just aren’t that comfortable.  It was cute for a little while, but now I covet the dining chairs I’ve been wanting for quite some time- wicker chairs.  I know, so not practical with a 2 year old who will be sure to get food stuck in them, but the designer in me says, “gotta have ‘em”!
So I found these great ones at Williams Sonoma- for those of you that know me, you know I would never spend $350 on 1 chair- who are they kidding?:)
Williams Sonoma Farallon Chair $350

I also found these gorgeous babies, but again a little too pricey when I need to buy 4 of them.
Ballard Designs Malvern Dining Chair - on sale for $255

So the hunt continued until I found these at non other than… Ikea.  Now I haven’t seem them in person, but they look pretty darn good to me and for only $80 a chair, I may be able to swing it.  Of course, I’ll need to add a cute little lumbar pillow – yes just one more thing for the kids to spill stuff on:)
Ikea Majby armchair $79.99

Now all I have to do is make the purchase and hope hubby doesn’t notice them:)
So here’s an update- of course when I went to get the Ikea chairs, they were out of stock:(  So I decided to move the chairs from my dining room to see what they look like and surprisingly, I really like them.  So now that they stay, I need new dining chairs:)  Look out Craigslist!
Cottage Breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment