Sunday, January 6, 2013

DIY Framed Bathroom Mirror


I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but I’ve been one busy girl the last few months and with the Holidays, time just got away.  I can’t recall if I posted a picture of my master bathroom after I painted the cabinets a pretty aqua color, but I’ve slowly been making updates without spending a whole lot of money.  This particular project only cost me $51.  I toyed with the idea of completely removing the contractor grade mirror, but I love it’s scale and wanted to reflect as much light as possible seeing it’s not that big of a space.  So the solution… frame it.

Items Needed:

  • Tile : I chose ones that were longer and not too wide as I didn’t want to have to replace my light fixtures (just yet!).  Glass tiles would work great too

  • Liquid Nail-  or silicone adhesive

  • Hot Glue

  • Wet Saw-  My neighbor happens to have one, but if you only have a few pieces to cut, you can probably take to Lowes or Home Depot and have them do it for you.

These are the tiles I used:

This is what liquid nail looks like- you will need caulk gun if you go this route. I also used my hot glue gun because I found the hot glue allowed tile to stay in place while liquid nail set up.

Not a whole lot of instructions here- just glue the tile and hold until they stick in place. When you get to corners that’s when you’ll need to measure and use a wet saw if necessary.

Here is the before – (even before I painted cabinets)…

and here is the after:

A very easy do-it yourself project for little money!  Next up… cork floor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment